Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ricki Lake talks about new boyfriend, talk show

Photo shoot for new talk show, people! ;) Ricki Lake Tweeted alongside this photo on May 20, 2011. - Provided courtesy of instagr.am/p/EfzxE/
Ricki Lake says she is dating a new man named Christian and does not rule out getting married again.The 42-year-old, an actress known for her former talk show "Ricki Lake," divorced Rob Sussman in 2005 after 10 years of marriage. The two have two sons - Milo, 14 and Owen, 9.
Lake met her new beau, Christian, through her best friend and the two have been dating since summer of 2010, People magazine reported.
"I'm totally in love," Lake told the magazine. "We're having so much fun. I'm happier than I've ever been. He's a nobody but he's somebody to me. He's everything to me."
Lake says that while her boys "love" Christian, she has no immediate plans to marry him. However, she is open to the idea.
"Never say never," she told People. "I'm so cynical after my experience. But this is just so natural and easy. I'm with a man who doesn't feel threatened. He doesn't want to keep me down."
In September 2010, Lake made headlines when a fire destroyed her rented beachfront Malibu home. She and her sons, as well as their dog, escaped unharmed.
Lake returns to television full time in the fall of 2012 with a new daytime talk show and recently posted photos from a shoot she filmed for it (see photo above). While her former program showcased guests dealing with love, sex, cheating and other issues, Lake's new series is based on her personal experiences.
"It's the right time to do a show that's more me than the old show," she told People. "I've been through a marriage and a divorce and losing all my money and I've been very candid about it. We are going full speed ahead."